|Posted on September 10, 2015 at 1:05 PM|
Setting the Place
1. Does your child have a designated place to do homework (a work station)?
- Young children, kindergarten through second grade, for occasional guidance may need to be near where a parent is cooking, folding laundry, reading, etc.
- Older children may be more able to concentrate if they are in a more private place.
2. Are the necessary materials readily available in a drawer, toolbox, treasure chest, tote, or on a nearby shelf so that homework time is not wasted looking for supplies?
3. Does this cover the materials your child will need:
- paper and pencils?
- pencil sharpener?
- dictionary and thesaurus?
- computer and printer?
Please let me know if any of these hints for Setting the Place work for your child. I look forward to any additional hints that have worked with your children.
Stay tuned for the next installment of Harmonious Homework Hints 101 C, Setting the Mood.